Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Second Essay: Family

               I was thinking about my second essay and how it comes with difficulties knowing that I can run out of facts and opinions to say. My research essay is about single parent homes versus two parent households. Many people believe that it is much better that children are raised between a mother and a father, but in some cases one of the parents can be abusive and not help their children at all versus a very responsible single parent that will do anything for their children. This topic is very controversial to the fact that everyone has a different opinion on it. Since I had to do a lot of research for this essay I found out that there are 13.7 single parents in the United States and each one of them has to take the responsibility to raise 21.8 kids. That is more than twenty five percent of the children today in the whole country. This number will just keep increasing since the divorce rate keeps rising as well. So people should be more understanding and respect these single parents since they have double the work and most of them do a great job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment