Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tattoos


Today when coming into class I hear a controversy among my classmates. I quickly realize that people were talking about tattoos and explaining the reason for engraving their bodies for the rest of their lives.  Many individuals were responding negatively about the bad choice they made many years ago when they decided to place this mark on their bodies. They were saying that the only reason they had gotten it was because everybody else was getting them and they wanted to fit in. The people that had ink engraved, almost meant that they had more than just one tattoo. They decided that once you get one it’s unstoppable and almost addicting so most of them just kept getting more. The biggest controversy was getting a certain special person’s name inked on your body. I completely agreed with the people that said that it is stupid idea because what if your boyfriend or girlfriend decides to break up with you or cheat on you? Than…what do you do? Go get laser surgery right away? Well most likely NOT. Due to the fact that it’ll cost you anywhere between two hundred dollars to thousands of dollars. But that still doesn't stop anyone from making stupid mistakes. I feel like even though people are married for thirty years they can still get divorced and have this horrible symbol that reminds them of their Ex. So people should really think through this tough decision of whether getting a tattoo of their lover is all that great on an idea. 

8 comments:

  1. I really understand where you are coming from here! I have one tattoo and I am completely content with just this one right now. It's a bible verse a girl reaching for a heart shaped balloon, symbolizing hope. I kept this same tattoo idea in my head for a year before I put it on my body. I really hate when people put names or random things on their body. I feel like it should really represent something that can last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I have a tattoo of a celtic knot for my family. It is also in the color of my birth stone. It means so much to me and I will never regret it. I did not get it because it was the in thing to do. I did it for me and I will never regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one tattoo myself and I am finish getting tattoos I think. The tattoo I have is on my wrist and it says "Faith", when I got it done I did have the mindset that oh tattoos are cool I want one but when I got it it hurt really bad since my veins are small. I love the tattoo but I don't think I can deal with the pain. Also, I hate when people get tattoos that they regret like that's a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tattoos to me are just another version of art. I don't judge people based on their tattoos because I don't know their story, or their life and at the time that must have been what they really wanted. Now some tattoos are a bit ridiculous, but as far as names, I would never personally get anyone's name on me but I don't judge those who do because you never know what that person means to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Leighann said. Tattoos are another version of art.I don't judge people based on their tattoos. I am one of those people who have my boyfriend's name tattoed on me and he has my name. yeah it is permanent but laser surgery is not the last resort. It is a such thing called "cover-up tattoos." I have multiple reasons why I got his name permament on my body, and if we was to ever break up for good I wouldn't regret it because he is my first love. Now it's a different story if people been together for like a month or 2 and decide to get each other names tattooed on one another, now that's plan stupidity. But getting one after years of love now that is acceptable in certain cases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, if I don't agree with you! I have 3 gorgeous tattoo! One dedicated to my brother who is deceased. One for myself, and one that explains that nothing may be forever, but love is. I am content with these for quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do admire that you have the name of your brother. What I'm trying to say is that I don't agree with people that have been dating for a month and they decide to get a tattoo of each other's name.

      Delete
  7. Getting a tattoo is a big decision that will stick with you the rest of your life

    ReplyDelete