Monday, April 22, 2013

Freshman Year is now Over…



                  The thought of my first year of college almost ending is crazy! Time just flies by too fast. Looking back when I came to Richard Bland for the first time feels like it was so long ago, and it was when I took my Placement exam. I felt like such an adult because I knew that my mom and dad were not going to be by my side anymore. I had to step up and take responsibility for myself. I decided that it would be a great idea to apply to the RBC Library knowing that I didn’t have a vehicle to drive around in. I also wanted to make some money so my parents don’t have to worry about giving me some sort of allowance because they already have my three younger siblings to take care of. After getting the job I felt like I had to do basically everything for myself in order for me to get outstanding grades. Not only did I learn all the different subjects that I had to take I also learned many life lessons such as people basically not caring for you at all. Certain acquaintances decide that passing the class is good enough, but when it comes to my grades a “C” does not cut it because I know I can do much better if I try. I can wait to start my sophomore year of school so I could finally transfer to Virginia Commonwealth University. 

6 comments:

  1. I intend to go the VCU as well! Maybe we'll both get in and see each other there! I am hoping everything works out for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first year is always the easiest, then it just feels like time is going extra slow lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it went by so fast, I agree with you that most people accept the grade C, I don't either. People don't work on their full potential. I can't wait till next semester because it means I coming closer to graduate. I had in mind to transfer to VCU too, to become a RAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i went by to fast. i'm glad that is over because it on step closer to my goal. i'm planning on transferring to VCU after my sophomore year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first year always seems to fly by, take advantage of every opportunity and good luck on transferring to VCU

    ReplyDelete