Thursday, March 7, 2013

Guest Speaker


Today coming into class the first thing I see was a suited man with a very thick accent coming out of his mouth. I decided to have a seat and listen to this interesting man that was speaking of education. I was more fascinated with his accent so I was listening very carefully trying to repeat the words he said. I thought it was an English accent but then I quickly heard him say something about Australian schools; so right there and then I thought it made perfect sense. He explained the importance of being in college and how it was a great idea that we started in a two year institution because we get to save loads of money when we’re learning the same material. He perfectly understood and knew all about our situation because he had experienced a two year college when he was young. A few minutes later he asked if we had any general questions about anything.  So a brave girl in the back raised her hand up high and asked “Do you have any koalas as pets?” He responded with a quick giggle and said “No I don’t have any myself, but my neighbor once owned one, and you can also go to the zoo and pick one up and even take a picture with it! Yes they are very cute!”  We all laughed and whispered amongst each other saying we wanted to touch one! Having this speaker was a great opportunity to learn about a different culture and how it works. Hopefully we’ll get to experience different speakers by the end of this semester since everyone seemed to be enjoying it. 

1 comment: