Friday, February 15, 2013

Research Papers



              Mr. Sweeney decided that for our research essay drafts we should do some type of Peer Reviews in groups in order for us to check each other’s writing. We got into groups of four, and we had to read our papers out loud. I started reading mine and by the time I was on the last sentence of the first page I saw people dozing off and not listening anymore. I felt like the whole part of reading our paper out loud didn’t really work since I didn’t get much feedback from any of the group members. As soon as we started passing around our essay to correct grammatical errors or any errors in general; I saw every individual putting marks all over my essay like I had a ton of mistakes. But I thought to myself that it was a great way to make my paper better and get an admirable grade. I also did the same to the essays that were handed to me. I felt like the peer review was a great way to improve our essays but reading them out loud was just a waste of time. So hopefully next time we’ll only get to read them to ourselves since it actually helped us.

1 comment:

  1. I rather have Sweeney to correct my paper. Peer reviews help sometimes.

    ReplyDelete